Dear Parents, teachers, staff and students,
I would like to welcome you all back to Term 4 at Pia Wadjarri.
I am getting to know my way around the school, finding out where everything is kept and who does what. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you all.
A little bit about my background:
- I have been working for the Education Department for about 16 years as a teacher.
- Prior to this I also worked for the Education Department as a Supervisor for the Vacational Swimming Program (VacSwim) teaching swimming lessons.
- Having been a classroom teacher for a number of years, I then became a specialist teacher and also ran teacher professional development in Digital Technologies and Robotics.
- My four specialist learning areas are: Science, Robotics & Digital Technologies, Art and Drama
- I love being creative and encouraging artistic expression
- My first Principals position prior to being appointed here was in Perenjori Primary School at the beginning of 2019.
- I have come to Pia with my husband Charles. You might see him wandering around from time to time walking a little dog named ’Zeek’. Charles is retired and Zeek is a Chihuahua cross Australian Terrier. They are both friendly and neither will bite!
I really look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you all much better over time.
At Pia Wadjarri Remote Community School we want to focus on good behaviour, not bad behaviour.
We believe good behaviour should always be rewarded, so that every child has the opportunity:
- To be positively nurtured and rewarded, not focusing on negatives.
- To be challenged in all aspects of their lives and encouraged to be the best person they can be.
- To be given the opportunity to excel and feel good about their achievements.
Every time your child displays positive behaviour they will receive a stamp from their teacher on their reward card.
When the reward card is completed (30 stamps), in acknowledgement of their achievement, the student will receive a Principal Award Sticker for excellent behaviour and a prize from the Principals Treasure Chest. In this way, every child has the opportunity to see the Principal in a positive light, and as an encouraging experience.
Congratulations Matchum and Trinity on being our first reward card completers!
|Week 2, Term 1||Thursday 13 February||Making Noise Incursion|
|Friday 14 February||Census|
|Week 4, Term 1||Monday 24 - Thursday 27 February||Swimming lesson in Geraldton [Camp school]|
|Week 5, Term 1||Monday 2 March||Labour Day - Public holiday|
|Week 6, Term 1||Wednesday 11 - Friday 13 March||Fair Game visit|
|Week 7, Term 1||Friday 20 March||School Development Day|
|Week 10, Term 1||Thursday 9 April||End of term 1|
|Week 1, Term 2||Tuesday 28 April||Term 2 commences|